RTT or R2T ?

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.

Which spelling should be used?

RTT
93%
R2T
7%

Total votes: 14

spacegaier
OGRE Team Member
OGRE Team Member

RTT or R2T ?

Post by spacegaier »

Hello,

I thought this here would be the best place for a general discussion how at least we as the OGRE community spell the Render-to-texture technique. This topic envolved while recongnizing that Mikademus proposed a different spelling from that one used here on the board.

Here the link to the wiki talk: http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:R2T

I personally prefer the "RTT" version as it is used here on the board in the posts yet and also in the www in gerenal (as far as I see). However, Mikademus concerns are not wrong. So I'd like to here your opinions on this topic.
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
HexiDave
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by HexiDave »

Who simplifies "to" to "2"? Probably the same people that replace "you" with "u" and "your" with "ur", right?

That alone is enough to stick with RTT, aside from the fact that there's no numbers in Render-To-Texture.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
OGRE Moderator

Post by Kojack »

Mikademus might be overly sensitive to it since he actually wrote the wikipedia article about "Real Time Tactics" games that he links to. :)

I personally can't stand changing words to numbers or single letters, it's only slightly more tolerable than leet speak.
Azgur
Goblin

Post by Azgur »

I'd prefer R2T2 :)

Kidding aside, I agree with the arguments above, RTT is fine.
nullsquared
Old One

Post by nullsquared »

Oh, yeah, Mikademus again. The guy with the extreme experience who can't properly click on "Alphabetical List" in the documentation, apparently wants to use txt-tlk on teh artcls in the w!kee.
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by xavier »

So that said, we can lock this thread then.
Do you need help? What have you tried?

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.