A place for Ogre users to discuss non-Ogre subjects with friends from the community.
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207 Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lonewolff » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:08 pm
Who do you think has the coolest avatar in the Ogre community?
I saw one a while back that was awesome. I'll have to dig through my previous posts to see if I can find who that was.
Feel free to post pics of what you think to be the coolest avatar.
Anyone who posts Sinbad's is plain sucking up
My current favorites
This one gets disqualified, as it is a gamedev avatar.
Last edited by
lonewolff on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4011 Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:28 pm
Location: Burgos, Spain
x 2
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Kencho » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:33 pm
lonewolff wrote: I saw one a while back that was awesome. I'll have to dig through my previous posts to see if I can find who that was.
How does that avatar look like?
jorrit5477
Gremlin
Posts: 181 Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:48 am
Location: The Netherlands
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by jorrit5477 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:37 pm
I still have to thank Xavier for pointing me out to a cartoon series I never heard of. Since my girlfriend recognised Stewie, not knowing where it came from though, I asked him where it was from and... I am hooked!
If it is the most cool one I can't tell though...
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 3447 Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:15 pm
Location: Wales, UK
x 58
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by betajaen » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:58 pm
I think I should win:
The Fonz is the King of Cool. So by Fonzie logic; Anything that features the Fonzie is the coolest. Therefore I have the coolest avatar.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 7157 Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
x 538
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Kojack » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:45 pm
I can't think of many off the top of my head, so I'll agree that the Fonz with a floating cube is the best so far.
Normally I change my avatar a lot, but to maintain a consistent personality on here I've kept my first one (Foamy the Squirrel from
www.illwillpress.com ), plus only 10KB is too small for my usual animated ones.
lithander
Greenskin
Posts: 125 Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:46 pm
Location: Bremen, Germany
x 3
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lithander » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:51 pm
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207 Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lonewolff » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 pm
betajaen wrote: I think I should win:
The Fonz is the King of Cool. So by Fonzie logic; Anything that features the Fonzie is the coolest. Therefore I have the coolest avatar.
I was actually thinking about yours the other day. It is certainly one of my favorites!
Kencho wrote: How does that avatar look like?
It was a picture of a dudes head morphed to be just a massive mouth, chomping at the air (animated)
syd
Gnome
Posts: 362 Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 am
Location: Paris, France
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by syd » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:06 pm
there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207 Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lonewolff » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 pm
syd wrote: there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one
I know the one. Thats the one with the Yoda speech impediment isn't it?
xadhoom
Minaton
Posts: 973 Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Germany
x 1
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by xadhoom » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 pm
syd wrote: there's one that may not be the coolest, but is to me the funniest, I'm thinking about the "C++ for food" one
I agree. Its very good
But I also like the crazy prof of
leonardoaraujo.santos . I think its from
back to future isn´t it? Its one of the pics I always have to look at if I read his
posts... (
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 6f4e2718c6 )
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207 Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lonewolff » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 pm
Ahh yes. This one...
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4011 Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:28 pm
Location: Burgos, Spain
x 2
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Kencho » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 pm
That's Gene Wilder at a scene taken from
Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks, 1974). One of my all-time favorite movie. A must for laughs
:lol:
That avatar has my vote definitely!
neocryptek
Gnome
Posts: 335 Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:21 pm
Location: Idaho, USA
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by neocryptek » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:01 am
lonewolff wrote: Kencho wrote: How does that avatar look like?
It was a picture of a dudes head morphed to be just a massive mouth, chomping at the air (animated)
Sounds a lot like Evolutional's (old) one on GameDev.net:
Last edited by
neocryptek on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207 Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lonewolff » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:10 am
Haha! Thats the one
I thought it was an Ogre one, there you go!
That would make betajaen's one my current favorite in these forums!
The Fonz needs a GUI after all, doesn't he?
syedhs
Silver Sponsor
Posts: 2703 Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
x 51
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by syedhs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 am
los_frijoles : the cute but curious spider:
xavier : I dont know about others, I think the boy kinda spooky to me. But it did make me to search internet for the avatar info immediately.
zeroskill : The same reason as xavier's.
Last edited by
syedhs on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind, ya' see
Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 867 Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Carinthia, Austria
x 1
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by stoneCold » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 am
RedEyeCoder
Gnome
Posts: 344 Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:29 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by RedEyeCoder » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 am
Commander Keen!
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207 Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lonewolff » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 am
I must admit, stoneColds avatar keeps me staring as well. Very eye-catching!
Is your avatar a composition, stoneCold?
stoneCold
OGRE Expert User
Posts: 867 Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Carinthia, Austria
x 1
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by stoneCold » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:52 am
lonewolff wrote: Is your avatar a composition, stoneCold?
Most likely it is a fan-made composition or even a complete drawing of
"Wayne Static" , lead singer of
"Static-X" .
I'm kind of a fan of Wayne and the band and I found the picture once when I googled for a tutorial how to get (my?!) hair to stand up like this.
I thought it was the coolest picture I've seen from Wayne so far, and so I simply replaced my good but old coyote avatar by this one
Here the pic in full size (looks even cooler imho):
[edit]:
I personally like
PolyVox 's avatar a lot
cheers
Last edited by
stoneCold on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kojack
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 7157 Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
x 538
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Kojack » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 pm
Hehe, every time I saw your avatar I thought of Static X, but wasn't sure.
syd
Gnome
Posts: 362 Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 am
Location: Paris, France
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by syd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 pm
was just scolling by the avatar I really like from Aquatix
I've indeed noticed that c++ jobs have gotten kind of rare
DanielSefton
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1235 Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Mountain View, CA
x 10
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by DanielSefton » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:39 pm
I think HexiDave's deserves a spot
lonewolff
Ogre Magi
Posts: 1207 Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:58 am
x 6
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by lonewolff » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 pm
@syd & DanielSefton - These ones are great too, arn't they?
betajaen
OGRE Moderator
Posts: 3447 Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:15 pm
Location: Wales, UK
x 58
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by betajaen » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:19 pm
HexiDave managed to turn that into a Valve spray icon, it was pretty funny playing CounterStrike and seeing the Ogre logo in the middle of Blue Team's base.
Thieum
Gnome
Posts: 342 Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:13 pm
Location: Bordeaux, France
x 2
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by Thieum » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:12 am
Counter Strike has a Blue and a red(?) team now ?