need an fx shader converted to Ogre format [paid]

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
Post Reply
User avatar
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:49 am
x 3

need an fx shader converted to Ogre format [paid]

Post by johnhpus »

We need an .fx shader setup for use in Ogre, and are looking for someone who can do that for us.

My understanding is that someone with an oFusion pro license may be able to use that software to do it automatically. It doesn't matter to us how you do it as long as it works correctly.

We're offering $65 USD but that is negotiable if we've underestimated the scope of work.

If interested please contact Medeksza /at/ zabaware.com with the subject line "Ogre3D shader".
Sri
Gnoblar
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 am
Contact:

Post by Sri »

we can get it done, send me the shader so i can look at it
User avatar
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:49 am
x 3

Post by johnhpus »

Hi Sri. Thanks for posting. Please contact medeksza /at/ zabaware.com for more information.
fantasticsid
Gnoblar
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:36 am

Shader port

Post by fantasticsid »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the ported shader that I emailed you worked well enough, as nobody's been in contact since I emailed it to you.

Best of luck.

S.
User avatar
johnhpus
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:49 am
x 3

Post by johnhpus »

Hi fantastic, are you working with Sri? If you're the guy who wrote the shader I've looked at, then yeah, it's very close. The single light mode looks great.

The only problem is that when using one of the multiple light modes, each pass totally overwrites the previous pass, so that the final effect appears to have only one light. Is that something you can fix off hand?

Medeksza was out of email contact for a few days (his ISP was down) so if haven't heard from him that's probably why. I sent him an email today about the issue with the passes overwriting each other and asked him to send it on to you guys.

If you need to get in touch and for any reason can't reach Medeksza, feel free to contact me via private message or at j.hiram.parker /at/ gmail.com
fantasticsid
Gnoblar
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:36 am

Post by fantasticsid »

johnhpus wrote:Hi fantastic, are you working with Sri? If you're the guy who wrote the shader I've looked at, then yeah, it's very close. The single light mode looks great.

The only problem is that when using one of the multiple light modes, each pass totally overwrites the previous pass, so that the final effect appears to have only one light. Is that something you can fix off hand?

Medeksza was out of email contact for a few days (his ISP was down) so if haven't heard from him that's probably why. I sent him an email today about the issue with the passes overwriting each other and asked him to send it on to you guys.

If you need to get in touch and for any reason can't reach Medeksza, feel free to contact me via private message or at j.hiram.parker /at/ gmail.com
I'm not working with Sri, I emailed Medeksza a copy of the same shader which I ported a few months ago for my own purposes. I wasn't aware of the issue with multiple lights in a pass (thus far, I've only used it outdoors during the day time; only one light to worry about).

I've emailed you, I'll look at the multilight stuff when I get home.
Post Reply