Simple terrain...
-
rordude
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 pm
Simple terrain...
I really am getting used to ogre3d, and having trouble building. Can some one make make a terrain runnable in ogre 3d to where I can move on it. And send me the source and files? Thanks, this would be a big help...
- DasGurke
- Halfling
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 11:15 am
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Contact:
Look at the Terrain sample. Or at the Terrain Tutorial. If these are not enough, Ogre is probably too advanced for you.
-
rordude
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 pm
Re: Simple terrain...
In that demo of the terrain, does the source file come with it?
- spacegaier
- OGRE Team Member

- Posts: 4308
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
- Location: Germany
- x 137
- Contact:
Why don't you have a look in your OgreSDK yourself instead of asking others to do that for you?
If you would do so, you would find there a folder anmed samples with one big ViusualStudio solution, that includes all demo projects.
So in one word: YES!
If you would do so, you would find there a folder anmed samples with one big ViusualStudio solution, that includes all demo projects.
So in one word: YES!
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
-
rordude
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 pm
I know, but I really would like...
Ok, yes I know that I have alot to learn about ogre. But please, this would be a major help to me, if someone can please just make a simple source with terrain. I would really, really like this to be done, as it will help me with development. Please help me.
thanks
thanks
- spacegaier
- OGRE Team Member

- Posts: 4308
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm
- Location: Germany
- x 137
- Contact:
Did you even have a glance at what I wrote? I described you where to find a full and working source file for loading a terrain. What do you want more?
Ogre Admin [Admin, Dev, PR, Finance, Wiki, etc.] | BasicOgreFramework | AdvancedOgreFramework
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
Don't know what to do in your spare time? Help the Ogre wiki grow! Or squash a bug...
-
rordude
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 pm
spacegaier wrote:Did you even have a glance at what I wrote? I described you where to find a full and working source file for loading a terrain. What do you want more?
I did read that yes, but I can't figure that out, because it's with the others, can some one please, just put a source with terrain in a zip, and send it to me...?
- DanielSefton
- Ogre Magi
- Posts: 1235
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 am
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- x 10
- Contact:
1) This isn't the right forum - the recruitment forum is for recruiting team members to serious Ogre projects.
2) If you already have the SDK downloaded, then all you want is the OctreeSceneManager. You don't need the source, you just need to link to the Plugin_OctreeSceneManager DLL and then follow the tutorial DasGurke linked to.
The DLL is already in the SDK. In fact, you don't even need to care where it is, all you need to add is this:
Hey presto, you've got terrain.
2) If you already have the SDK downloaded, then all you want is the OctreeSceneManager. You don't need the source, you just need to link to the Plugin_OctreeSceneManager DLL and then follow the tutorial DasGurke linked to.
The DLL is already in the SDK. In fact, you don't even need to care where it is, all you need to add is this:
Code: Select all
mOgreRoot->loadPlugin("Plugin_OctreeSceneManager");
mSceneMgr = mRoot->createSceneManager("TerrainSceneManager");
mSceneMgr->setWorldGeometry("terrain.cfg");