Page 1 of 1

giving back to the community

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:58 am
by prolow
in an effort to give back to community, i have been reading though post starting in General Discussion forum, and going down the list of post not marked "solved" looking for anything i can answer.
unfortunately in general dissuasion and help forums there hasn't been much i can help with, but i did noticed something, very few people mark there thread as solved when it appears solved, which would help everyone attempting to answer the post or looking for answers,
SO
my question is, can i PM request to the post authors to mark post as solved when it appears solved, or is this not worth the trouble

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:56 am
by jacmoe
prolow wrote:my question is, can i PM request to the post authors to mark post as solved when it appears solved, or is this not worth the trouble
I don't think that would be a good idea.
Better would be a button where the Original Poster could mark the topic as solved.
I hope that could be part of the new Ogre Forum Upgrade.
I don't know if it's an addon, or built in, but I noticed that you in some forums can mark a topic as solved by the click of a button.
That would be nice. :)

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:49 am
by prolow
sounds great!

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:25 pm
by milliams
I believe in the new phpBB you can assign admin-defined flags to posts. So we could have one for solved posts.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:48 pm
by reptor
From experience at other forum I can tell that even if there is a "Solved" button for the thread starter, they are often not clicking it unless other people remind about it.

So it needs moderation or a kind person in the thread who reminds the thread starter to click the "Solved" button when it is solved.

But I think when it is get to work then it's good.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:17 pm
by Game_Ender
I agree, a solved button would be great.