Page 1 of 1

Environment dependency

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:11 pm
by milacao
I work with Ogre both under Linux and Windows, and it's really annoying to have to change files like plugins.cfg, where there are absolute paths, each time there is an update in our SVN. For instance, I would suggest, for plugins.cfg something like:

Code: Select all

PluginFolder=__HOME__/svn/project/lib
where __HOME__ would be an Ogre recognizable variable that would mean $HOME (Linux) or %HOMEPATH% (Windows).
So, I think introducing some interesting environment variables may be helpful.

Cheers.

Re: Environment dependency

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm
by xadhoom
I see your point but as shortcut you could also use relative pathes...

Re: Environment dependency

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:31 pm
by milacao
Yes, I know. Perhaps HOME variable is not the best example. Anyway, it was just a suggestion :-)

Re: Environment dependency

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:51 pm
by Game_Ender
You could do what I do and not use plugins.cfg. I use my own config file and added environment variable based replacement for just this reason.