Doctor Who online?
- Moohasha
- Gnoll
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:37 pm
- x 8
Doctor Who online?
Does anyone know where you can [legally] watch Doctor Who online? I checked hulu, but they don't carry it. I'm guessing because it's on BBC. I'm dying to watch the 5th season but I don't have cable. 
Black holes are where God divided by 0
- betajaen
- OGRE Moderator

- Posts: 3447
- Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:15 pm
- Location: Wales, UK
- x 58
- Contact:
Re: Doctor Who online?
I don't think they've started the 5th season yet. The 4th one was with Donna as the companion right?
[Edit]
Wikipedia agrees with me; Spring 2010. But there is a special next week! and no doubt they'll be another special at Christmas.
[Edit]
Wikipedia agrees with me; Spring 2010. But there is a special next week! and no doubt they'll be another special at Christmas.
- Moohasha
- Gnoll
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:37 pm
- x 8
Re: Doctor Who online?
Doh, I checked wikipedia also and saw "Filming began on 14 January 2009 on the first of four one-hour specials, using HD for the first time." I assumed that meant it'd be airing soon.
And yes, season 4 was the one with Donna, who dispite my initial reactions turned out to be a really good companion. The ending of season 4 was sad, but not as sad as season 2 when Rose left.
And yes, season 4 was the one with Donna, who dispite my initial reactions turned out to be a really good companion. The ending of season 4 was sad, but not as sad as season 2 when Rose left.
Black holes are where God divided by 0
- Kojack
- OGRE Moderator

- Posts: 7157
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- x 538
Re: Doctor Who online?
I never got into the new doctor whos, I'm still a Tom Baker fan. 
Although Jekyll, written and directed by guys from the new dr who, was awesome.
Some episodes were ok, but the rest just didn't appeal to me (and I'm saying that as a guy who still has a dr who technical manual and the dr who 500 year diary on the shelf beside me, and once made a lego K9).
Although Jekyll, written and directed by guys from the new dr who, was awesome.
Some episodes were ok, but the rest just didn't appeal to me (and I'm saying that as a guy who still has a dr who technical manual and the dr who 500 year diary on the shelf beside me, and once made a lego K9).
- Kojack
- OGRE Moderator

- Posts: 7157
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 am
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- x 538
Re: Doctor Who online?
Dr Who: Planet Of The Dead trailer.
http://www.fliqz.com/aspx/permalink.asp ... 8d8fb1342e
It's airing next week.
http://www.fliqz.com/aspx/permalink.asp ... 8d8fb1342e
It's airing next week.
-
Lizard
- Halfling
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:08 pm
- Location: Suffolk, England
- Contact:
Re: Doctor Who online?
Kojack wrote:I never got into the new doctor whos, I'm still a Tom Baker fan.
Although Jekyll, written and directed by guys from the new dr who, was awesome.
Some episodes were ok, but the rest just didn't appeal to me (and I'm saying that as a guy who still has a dr who technical manual and the dr who 500 year diary on the shelf beside me, and once made a lego K9).
same here, I thought the new Dr Who was just horrible poorly written tripe, the old series had lots of failings but it had and still does have a certain charm that's been totally lost with the new show.
- Moohasha
- Gnoll
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:37 pm
- x 8
Re: Doctor Who online?
I never saw the original series, so I was starting fresh. I'll be the first to admit that the first season of the new series (the 9th doctor) was kinda cheezy, but once David Tennant became the Doctor it got really good. Each season, IMHO, has gotten better and better. Still kinda hokie, but good.
I did try to go back and watch the original, starting with the very first episode, and it was painful. Totally not the same Doctor, and the production was a joke. Note, I'm only refering to the first three episodes I watched. I can't speak for the rest.
I did try to go back and watch the original, starting with the very first episode, and it was painful. Totally not the same Doctor, and the production was a joke. Note, I'm only refering to the first three episodes I watched. I can't speak for the rest.
- Moohasha
- Gnoll
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:37 pm
- x 8
Re: Doctor Who online?
Oooo, thanks! Anyone know if the full episode will be avialable online after it airs (which would be now, I guess. Been outta town...)Kojack wrote:Dr Who: Planet Of The Dead trailer.
http://www.fliqz.com/aspx/permalink.asp ... 8d8fb1342e
It's airing next week.
Black holes are where God divided by 0
-
Sesamin
Re: Doctor Who online?
I've always been a huge fan of Dr. Who myself, but the old ones are my favorites. It's like James Bond though, I think you gravitate towards the first one you have experience with. The really old ones didn't appeal to me but the fifth doctor did. hmmmm.... I know it's my first post here, odd to start off here, but Dr. Who Rocks.