Open Source Game

A place for employers, project leaders etc to post if they are looking for people to assist with an Ogre-based project. Please only post in this area if you have a _serious_ project proposition for which you already have something to show for.
Post Reply
User avatar
Virion
Halfling
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Malaysia
x 2

Open Source Game

Post by Virion »

Since nothing much to show yet, I think I should post it here. This is the game project I'm currently working, and since it's very hard to form a team I decided to make it open source so that everyone can join the project.

Forum: http://reonyx.com/forum

Name: Project Ostium (will think about the name later; for now, Project Ostium)
Genre: Third person shooting game
License: Free & open source (license not yet chosen)
Player: Single player
Total game play: Around 4~5 hours
Programming language: C/C++
Library used: OGRE, Newton Game Dynamics (with OgreNewt wrapper)

So far the progress:
Main character
http://reonyx.com/forum/download/file.php?id=13&t=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94s6E_ehQdE

Level
http://reonyx.com/forum/download/file.php?id=19&t=1
http://reonyx.com/forum/download/file.php?id=17&t=1

Everything else can be seen in the forum. Any suggestion or feedback?
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Re: Open Source Game

Post by jacmoe »

I really like your visual style - if you can get that into the game, it would be awesome! :D
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
User avatar
Virion
Halfling
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Malaysia
x 2

Re: Open Source Game

Post by Virion »

It's now open source (GPL). Read: http://blog.reonyx.com

Anyway this is the latest screenshot.
terry-terrain-lookat.jpg
terry-terrain-lookat.jpg (96.83 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
Not much to see, but it's a good start.
Post Reply