My project builds, but when I run it, I get this:
Loading library OgrePlatform.bundle
An exception has been thrown!
-----------------------------------
Details:
-----------------------------------
Error #: 9
Function: DynLib::load
Description: Could not load dynamic library OgrePlatform.bundle. System Error: Unknown Error.
File: ../../../OgreMain/src/OgreDynLib.cpp
Line: 83
Stack unwinding: DynLib::load(..) <- <<beginning of stack>>
An exception has occured: An exception has been thrown!
-----------------------------------
Details:
-----------------------------------
Error #: 9
Function: DynLib::load
Description: Could not load dynamic library OgrePlatform.bundle. System Error: Unknown Error.
File: ../../../OgreMain/src/OgreDynLib.cpp
Line: 83
Stack unwinding: DynLib::load(..) <- <<beginning of stack>>
*** malloc[537]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x113dc50; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
lightingReplication has exited with status 0.
It builds just fine on a friends iBook. Any ideas?
Error #: 9 Topic is solved
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
Please make sure that you have built everything - these kind of errors looks like a missing .bundle error to me - OgrePlatform.bundle to be exact.
If it didn't build automatically by building all of Ogre, then go and build it yourself manually - and don't forget: do both release and debug (or whatever they are called on OSX ..)
If it didn't build automatically by building all of Ogre, then go and build it yourself manually - and don't forget: do both release and debug (or whatever they are called on OSX ..)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
-
greendragon
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:10 am
- Location: In The Valley
- Contact:
Another Reason For bundles to be not found
If you happen to build to a location other than the location inside the Ogre folder (like I do. I have all my builds build to a Builds folder outside of the project folder) then the Copy build steps copy the bundles to the wrong place.
The Copy ends up copying the bundles back into a builds folder inside the project folder instead of into the Ogre.framework folder in the real build destination.
If you move the .bundle files manually into the Resources folder of the real Ogre.framework, then when you build the app, it should be able to find and load the bundles.
It would be better to fix the Copy build steps...which I'll try to do shortly. I would think they'd copy stuff to the build location without modification, but they don't.
The Copy ends up copying the bundles back into a builds folder inside the project folder instead of into the Ogre.framework folder in the real build destination.
If you move the .bundle files manually into the Resources folder of the real Ogre.framework, then when you build the app, it should be able to find and load the bundles.
It would be better to fix the Copy build steps...which I'll try to do shortly. I would think they'd copy stuff to the build location without modification, but they don't.
- donmartio
- Kobold
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:11 am
Just a hint...
i got that error too if i have compiled ogre with under linux.
So i tried it without the prefix (default is /usr/local i suggest) everything works fine.
Greetings
DonMartio
i got that error too if i have compiled ogre with
Code: Select all
./configure --prefix=/usrSo i tried it without the prefix (default is /usr/local i suggest) everything works fine.
Greetings
DonMartio
-
greendragon
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:10 am
- Location: In The Valley
- Contact:
It is an xcode build
But I am building from xcode...
-
asword
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:23 pm
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
I just downloaded the v1.0 version of Ogre and am trying to build and run some of the samples through Xcode 1.5 on Panther. I have built the Ogre project with 59 warnings and zero errors (oddly the Plugin_xxxx.bundle products are still listed in red). It also took a couple of tries to get the Xcode project building due to some bad paths to things.
When I attempt to build and run any samples, however, I get the error #9 that this thread is titled for. I have not modified the downloaded directory, so my build dir is inside the Ogre directory. I've tried copying the .bundle files into the Resources directory of the Ogre.Framework, and I've tried putting the framework in my ~/Library/Frameworks directory. No luck.
Any suggestions? I'm not very well versed in Xcode or Unix development, so please be gentle.
One addendum I just noticed: "SDL Platform Manager" seems to fail building because it can't find ogrelogo-small.jpg (and it doesn't seem to exist on disk).
When I attempt to build and run any samples, however, I get the error #9 that this thread is titled for. I have not modified the downloaded directory, so my build dir is inside the Ogre directory. I've tried copying the .bundle files into the Resources directory of the Ogre.Framework, and I've tried putting the framework in my ~/Library/Frameworks directory. No luck.
Any suggestions? I'm not very well versed in Xcode or Unix development, so please be gentle.
One addendum I just noticed: "SDL Platform Manager" seems to fail building because it can't find ogrelogo-small.jpg (and it doesn't seem to exist on disk).
-
BaffledMollusc
- Halfling
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:58 am
I'm with greendragon on this one. When I first started I had an identical error complaining about various media files. Once I sorted out all the path issues it worked fine. I think this error is just saying it can't find the files in the location it expects, but beyond that I can't help much I'm afraid.
-
asword
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:23 pm
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
I've got the files where I think it is telling me it expects to see them. Not sure why the build didn't put them there in the first place though. I also corrected a couple of absolute path issues, but this problem persists. Most annouying.BaffledMollusc wrote:I'm with greendragon on this one. When I first started I had an identical error complaining about various media files. Once I sorted out all the path issues it worked fine. I think this error is just saying it can't find the files in the location it expects, but beyond that I can't help much I'm afraid.
Update: I deleted the reference to ogrelogo-small.jpg from the Xcode project, added a reference to the CoreFoundation.framework when it complained about not finding CoreFoundation.h, then rebuilt the OgreFramework and bundles, and re-copied them to the Ogre.framework in ~/Library/Frameworks and now the samples run.