Page 1 of 1

[assaframan patch] OpenGL Multithreading

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:56 pm
by n9ine
hi all;

I am interested in multithread background loading with ogre, this is very nice thing.
But the problem is that is it only working on DiretcX ,since OpenGL Multithread Support is not yet released.
I found that assaframan has commited ,under 8323 revision, a stable version of the Ogre OpenGL RenderSystem.
I am working with the latest version of Ogre '1.6.2' and I want integrate assaframan work.
How can I do it in a better way than manually?

Re: [assaframan patch] OpenGL Multithreading

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:21 pm
by xavier
You do it manually.

I assume that rev 8323 was made to trunk -- trunk is unstable by definition and rarely (if ever) are changes merged from trunk into branches (it's only the other way around). The patch is provided so that you can apply it yourself ("at your own risk" in other words) to a branch, but it's not something the Ogre team will do or support.

Re: [assaframan patch] OpenGL Multithreading

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:36 pm
by sinbad
8323 was made to trunk , because it was countering an issue related to another change in trunk.

Last time I tried, 1.6 worked fine in multiple threads with GL. In fact, the whole 'RenderSystem::registerThread' procedure was in place solely to keep GL happy in a multithreaded situation; DirectX doesn't need it.