Page 1 of 1

3D view with red-blue glasses

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:21 am
by Roman
Hi,

Today morning I've got a genial idea: What is with a pixel shader which adds blue and red pixel fragments to the textures for 3D cinema at home. By using Ogre's rendering mechanism of course.

Just build glasses from papar with red-blue views and look through it!

Someone of you already tested such a fun? How do it right?

To see what is meaning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3d_glasses

Re: 3D view with red-blue glasses

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:30 pm
by xavier
If you search "stereoscopic" in that Google box, you'll find what you need.

Re: 3D view with red-blue glasses

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:41 pm
by Kencho
I implemented that in the past (read: Ogre 1.0 at most!) using two cameras, two render textures, and overlapping them. Then I lost all the interest in this subject XD I assume there are far more clever implementations right now (according to the posts' titles), so I suggest listening to Xavier's advice :)

Re: 3D view with red-blue glasses

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:43 am
by Brun°oO
Hi,
Have a look to this thread : Stereo vision manager [now as a plugin]
:wink:

Re: 3D view with red-blue glasses

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:56 am
by Roman
Fantastic! If I have time, I will try it.