Free 'mesh distort' tool?
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 pm
I use Gimp for most image editing, but it seems it can't do what I want it to do this time. Basically, I want to distort the square image into the 'triangle-ish shape'. You can see the 'base image' and the 'triangle-ish shape' both here, alpha blended:-

This is for a sphere that has an image repeating over the surface in each octant. I know I could reunwrap it a different way and then make an image for that, but I already made a nice texture and I'm too lazy to do it again.
Know of any free tool that would help me do this? Or if I can use Gimp for that, how?
Thanks!

This is for a sphere that has an image repeating over the surface in each octant. I know I could reunwrap it a different way and then make an image for that, but I already made a nice texture and I'm too lazy to do it again.
Know of any free tool that would help me do this? Or if I can use Gimp for that, how?
Thanks!