Page 1 of 1

Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:52 pm
by jacmoe
I regularly check Devmaster.net and GameDev.net for news - but I wonder if there are other sites worth checking out? :)

The Daily GameDev.Net is boring and selt-indulgent rubbish IMO. A big yawn flies out to the writers..

DevMaster has seen better times, but it's still useful.

What other sites are there?

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:04 pm
by jacmoe
Devbump : http://www.devbump.com/

Develop : http://www.develop-online.net/

I am aware of Gamasutra, of course ... But it's not really indie news, is it?

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 pm
by Kojack
For game news (not game dev news), I go to www.bluesnews.com
Been following it for years. The forums suck, but the news is good. :)

GameDev.Net's news page is way too verbose for what's there. It gets a bit annoying when you just want to quickly scan for interesting stuff.

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:06 pm
by haffax
I closely follow TIGSource and Pixel Prospector.

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:51 pm
by jacmoe
Excellent! I like BlueNews and I completely forgot about TIGSource. :)

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:03 am
by Vectrex
I think these guys are hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/user/gameon

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 am
by Stefan Lundmark
jacmoe wrote:The Daily GameDev.Net is boring and selt-indulgent rubbish IMO. A big yawn flies out to the writers..
Funny, I think the GameDev dailies are really nice. There's only one writer that I don't find entertaining and he's not the original author.
I also frequent Shacknews but in that case I usually try to avoid reading the comments, for menthal health's sake and all that. :mrgreen: GamasUtra is another favourite. Their featured articles can be awesome.

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:00 am
by Klaim
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com
http://tigsource.com
http://www.gametrailers.com

and for game dev, all gamasutra and related websites

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:23 pm
by CoreDumped

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:29 pm
by jacmoe
/* resurrect */

I stumbled upon a real gem of a Game development blog:
http://altdevblogaday.org/

Check it out! :)

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:27 pm
by JKFOZZY
old but verry interesting http://www.flipcode.com/

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:10 am
by BTolputt
jacmoe wrote:I stumbled upon a real gem of a Game development blog:
http://altdevblogaday.org/
Have you seen the original, idevblogaday, from which is borrowed the concept (successfully, I might add - it has some good reading). I have them both plugged in to my bookmarks as RSS feeds :)

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 am
by LBDude
I read ve3d.ign.com for nostalgic reasons but I don't comment.
I'm into reddit.com so a lot of gaming stuff on there.
and of course the occasional gamedev.net. Man I should read more I know, it's just it's not one of my regular web sites anymore.
That's about it...

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:30 pm
by so0os
www.gamepresssure.com

it has a neat release list!

Re: Your favorite Game News site

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:34 pm
by spacegaier
I guess, there is one 's' too much in the URL ;).

www.gamepressure.com