Page 1 of 1
Dual monitors - Icons on wrong screen
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:02 pm
by Moohasha
I recently added a second monitor to my computer that is smaller than my original, so I'm using it as a secondary display off to the side where I can drag documents or webpages while working. In the Display Properties/Settings tab, I setup the monitors so that my original monitor is #1 (had to switch which DVI port it they were plugged into for this) and is the primary device, and extended my desktop onto the second monitor. However, everytime I login, all of my desktop icons are moved to the second monitor. The Start menu is corrently positioned on the primary display, but not the icons. Anyone know an easy way to fix this? I would have assumed your desktop icons would appear on the primary display.
Re: Dual monitors - Icons on wrong screen
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 am
by Klaim
I don't use icons on my computers but I know there is some kind of option to automatically reorganize the icons. Maybe turning it off will make it stop the moving?
Re: Dual monitors - Icons on wrong screen
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:52 pm
by Moohasha
Klaim wrote:I don't use icons on my computers but I know there is some kind of option to automatically reorganize the icons. Maybe turning it off will make it stop the moving?
I don't have it auto sort because I organize them a certain wait.
Surprisingly, when I logged in yesterday, they all came up on the correct monitor. I don't know if Windows fixed itself (let's not jump to conclusions) or what, but I'd still like to know how to manually fix this for future reference, since this isn't the first time it's happened.