Page 1 of 1

Building OGRE as a relaxation practice

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:04 pm
by ilya80
Am I the only one like that?

I just realized that I actually like rolling out a new verison of ogre, configuring it, running the build and leaning back watching make -j4 do its job.
It gives me a peace of mind, sort of meditation technique.

If you hadn't tried it and got some spare time on your hands - do it! :D 1.7 has just been released so you have your chance.

Re: Building OGRE as a relaxation practice

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 pm
by spacegaier
I am usually the guy who can't wait until building and configuring is finished, so I can actually start working :) .

Re: Building OGRE as a relaxation practice

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:19 pm
by Klaim
I sometime do that when preparing a week or more of graphics related code, thinking, planning and drinking thea (or coffea) while looking at the compilation logs.


More than that, when I can't sleep because of too much energy, I like to read programming articles or books to get a specific mindset that makes me calm enough to sleep. I'm particularly prone to zen attitude while reading Stroustrup's writting. Wonders why.

Re: Building OGRE as a relaxation practice

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 am
by _tommo_
No, I understand :D
I always like to build new things, and i love to see new SDK build and compile fine, and go to their place :D
In fact my SDK folder is littered by any useless SDK i could get my hands on xD