Page 1 of 1
TheFunTheory / Great initiative
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:13 pm
by spacegaier
Re: TheFunTheory / Great initiative
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:55 pm
by SpannerMan
Very clever marketing campaign indeed. They are not directly advertising any real product but are still generating huge interest by appearing to serve the public with fun and free gimmicks.
I'm not just been cynical here -I genuinely like this idea! You could think of billions of things that could be made fun, making boring yet essential tasks into things everyone actually wants to do.
Re: TheFunTheory / Great initiative
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:15 am
by syedhs
Me thinks great idea as well. And may I add how much I like when I see people like their jobs as well - I mean all those fun stuffs there are operated by people who genuinely like what they do, that is just too wonderful.
Re: TheFunTheory / Great initiative
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 am
by xadhoom
I really enjoyed watching the videos. Creative ideas...
One thing which came to my mind is:
Will these gadget stay to be funny after a few days/weeks/month? Is there any fun left after the tenth time throwing something in the bin?
IMO most of the fun is generated by the surprise of an exceptional entertainment idea in an everyday situation. So to keep the fun factor high steadily it would need _new_ creative ideas everyday...
xad
Re: TheFunTheory / Great initiative
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 am
by jacmoe
Awesome - I love stuff like that!

It was very interesting to see how the piano stairs encouraged people to use it. What a difference!
The fun factor is only a fun factor if it's new.
You need to break out of the daily humdrum - either by yourself (hard) or by others (easy) - regularly to stay young and happy.
I highly doubt that people will gather around that bottle bank for very long.
But still awesome.

Re: TheFunTheory / Great initiative
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:15 pm
by Klaim
xadhoom wrote:I really enjoyed watching the videos. Creative ideas...
One thing which came to my mind is:
Will these gadget stay to be funny after a few days/weeks/month? Is there any fun left after the tenth time throwing something in the bin?
IMO most of the fun is generated by the surprise of an exceptional entertainment idea in an everyday situation. So to keep the fun factor high steadily it would need _new_ creative ideas everyday...
xad
I agree, that's what I think each time I see one of their project.
I'm wondering if the fact that the machine makes the people a bit happier will make them more respectful? I mean : if you have something on the street that can potentially make you smile, you'll never think of destroying it or let other people destroy it, right?
Maybe it could have an impact on vandalism too?
Anyway that remind me of
that analyse.