Page 1 of 1
Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 am
by home3d2001
Hello,
First of all, I apologize if my question doesn't belong here but since I have seen many users in this community who use wxwidget, I thought I would post my problem here and hopefully someone could help me out.I have posted this problem even in Wxwidget forum and many other Graphic forums but no one yet has responded.
Here is my Problem:
I am trying to get the Multisampling working in version 2.8.11. I have done multisampling in win32 and SDL but I can't figure out how it is being done in wxwidget 2.8.11.
I have searched over the internet for weeks and it seems it is only possible through a patch.However the patch is for the oldest version of Wxwidget and I don't know if it works with version 2.8.11.I don't want to mess my wxwidget 2.8.11 header files.
Here is the link to this patch:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2156 ... gl-program
I also have no ideas how to do a patch since the tutorial link for doing it is dead. I would appreciate if someone help me out.
Thank you in advanced,
H
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:11 am
by home3d2001
Does anybody here have a suggestion or comments for my question?. I would appreciate it if somebody responds......
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 am
by jacmoe
home3d2001 wrote:I have posted this problem even in Wxwidget forum and many other Graphic forums but no one yet has responded.
Does it occur to you that you might be in the wrong forum?

OpenGL, SDL and wxWidgets has not a lot to do with OGRE.
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 am
by home3d2001
With all due respect, I am sure you didn't even take your time to read my first post carefully.
If you just don't know the answer you could simply say, I DON'T KNOW so I can go find my answer somewhere else ......
OpenGL, SDL and wxWidgets has not a lot to do with OGRE.
Hmm, your statement doesn't make real sense at all......
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 am
by jacmoe
Neither does yours.
So, you're asking how to patch wxWidgets to allow for multi-sampling using OpenGL ?
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:04 am
by home3d2001
Yes, Wxwidget doesn't support Multi sampling by default so you need to patch it in order to get it to work.
I have spent almost 3 weeks just searching for a solution.... There is nothing out there expect an old patch for 2.8.8 version with a dead link to how to do the patch.... It is quite frustrating.....
I have also posted this problem in Wxwidgets forum for weeks (Which I am 100% sure my question belongs to) but no one has even responded. This is WHY I posted my question here since I have seen so many people are using wxwidget here and thought maybe someone can help me out.....
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:17 am
by dermont
Maybe you should try using wxWidets svn trunk.
http://www.wxwidgets.org/develop/svn.htm
Code: Select all
glcanvas.h
enum
{
....
WX_GL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS, // 1 for multisampling support (antialiasing)
WX_GL_SAMPLES // 4 for 2x2 antialising supersampling on most graphics cards
};
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:34 am
by home3d2001
Thanks for reply. Are you suggesting that Wxwidget uses svn trunk now on for doing the patch?. I have already have the latest update of wxwidgets but glcanvas.h and glcanvas.cpp are missing the functions I need.
Also, Have you got it to work yourself?
Thanks again,
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 am
by dermont
home3d2001 wrote:Thanks for reply. Are you suggesting that Wxwidget uses svn trunk now on for doing the patch?. I have already have the latest update of wxwidgets but glcanvas.h and glcanvas.cpp are missing the functions I need.
Also, Have you got it to work yourself?
Thanks again,
No, I'm suggesting that you should use Wxwidget svn trunk which already appears to have the updates that you are looking for. You should really be asking this on the wxWidgets forum.
http://svn.wxwidgets.org/svn/wx/wxWidge ... glcanvas.h
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am
by jacmoe
The wxWidgets people are hanging out on the mailing list - try there.
They are not likely to use the wxWidgets forum - they are old-skool.

Believe me, I've been there and done that.
Use the mailing list(s).
Re: Multisampling WxWidget 2.8.11
Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:02 pm
by home3d2001
Jacmoe:
Alright I will give it a try, makes sense... Thanks anyways....
dermont:
No, I'm suggesting that you should use Wxwidget svn trunk which already appears to have the updates that you are looking for. You should really be asking this on the wxWidgets forum.
Well pal, I have really asked this question there... no answer to this day.....