Page 1 of 1

And I thought games had the worst hacks...

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am
by xavier
So I restarted my computer and Outlook wouldn't start -- said "Cannot open the Outlook window".

Turns out....

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/268
outlook.exe /resetnavpane
I mean really...it's one thing to say "go hack around in the Registry to fix Problem X", it's another thing entirely to codify the hack into a feature by giving it a command-line option...seriously, they can't fix whatever it is that causes whatever it is?

Thought y'all might get a kick out of that one...

Re: And I thought games had the worst hacks...

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:14 am
by BTolputt
-laugh- Yes, I indeed got a kick out of that... It implies that they have a fix for the symptom but don't know the actual cause. So they provide the fix as it is better than an unresolvable issue... still pretty bad (& hence funny) though! :D

Re: And I thought games had the worst hacks...

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 am
by jacmoe
That's one of the better WTFs I've seen in a while. :)