Page 1 of 1

Nullular Grapher

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 pm
by nullsquared
Disclaimer: I know I've been away for a while, and I know this isn't a place to advertise. But I thought you guys (my friends) might be interested in what I've been doing lately (sorry, no Ogre involved):

Hey guys, here's a little something I've been working on over the summer.

http://www.nullular.com/grapher/main.php

Nullular Grapher is a 2D and 3D relation grapher. It can do all sorts of plots, including 2D/3D explicit/implicit, parametric, boolean, table-based, and so on. Everything is done in realtime as you type, sporting an extremely simplistic interface with a practically nonexistent learning curve. All you need to do is run the program and start typing your relations. It also supports time-based animation (both realtime and simulated step), recording to AVI, saving opaque or transparent-background PNGs, loading/saving tables from/to CSV, and a multitude of customization options such as relation thickness, color, opacity, graph colors, fonts, labels, and so on. Additionally, it can trace and intersect most 2D relations (albeit graphically, which means accuracy of results depends on your resolution settings).

The demo version is free, but it limits all of the customizations options. It's mainly meant to demonstrate the core plotting functionality to a degree where you could decided whether or not you are going to buy the full version, which costs $15.00. This includes all personal use by yourself on any computers you own. The purchasing is fully automated; once you pay for Nullular Grapher (through PayPal, but you don't need a PayPal account) it is immediately made available for download and install from your account. Buying the full version also gets you free updates and professional support (by me).

A YouTube video overview of the product:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jPwZTdkyvA

A screenshot of the GUI:
Image

Here's a couple of example graphs.

A boolean plot:
Image

Parametric animated butterfly:
Image

A basic 2D explicit equation:
Image

An implicit 3D heart:
Image

An implicit 2D curve:
Image

Another implicit 2D curve:
Image

An implicit 3D surface:
Image

An intensity plot:
Image

Calculating intersections:
Image

An animated mandelbrot being raised to the (1+time)th power:
Image

A static zoomed in mandelbrot:
Image

A 3D parametric surface:
Image

A surface of revolution:
Image

Re: Nullular Grapher

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:17 am
by merlinblack
That's pretty damn cool. 8) I know some engineers that would love to play with that.

Re: Nullular Grapher

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:06 pm
by xadhoom
My first thought was: Ok, thats neat... But with every next feature you demonstrated in the video I got more and more amazed!
Fantastic work!

I remember how I struggled with Matlab just a few month ago to get some nice plots out of it for a presentation. Man Nullular would have saved me hours...

Maybe one feature request (I didn“t see something like this in the video):
Table points/intersection points could be overlayed with a custom bitmap optionally. This would allow full design flexibility for points rendered...

xad

Re: Nullular Grapher

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 am
by nullsquared
xadhoom wrote:My first thought was: Ok, thats neat... But with every next feature you demonstrated in the video I got more and more amazed!
Fantastic work!
Thanks :mrgreen:
Table points/intersection points could be overlayed with a custom bitmap optionally. This would allow full design flexibility for points rendered...
Excellent idea, will do.