More advanced Node setInheritScale
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:33 pm
I have just hit a wall which could be overcome if setInheritScale worked in a more versatile way :
It would be great if setInheritScale only canceled just the node's parent scaling. This way, in a deep hierarchy you could automatically set which nodes affect other nodes' scaling and which not.
Right now, I do it like this : node->setScale(1./node->getParentSceneNode()->getScale());
But this means I have to continuously track the parent's scaling changes.
Please consider my idea, I think it would make setInheritScale much more powerful.
Many thanks,
Bill
It would be great if setInheritScale only canceled just the node's parent scaling. This way, in a deep hierarchy you could automatically set which nodes affect other nodes' scaling and which not.
Right now, I do it like this : node->setScale(1./node->getParentSceneNode()->getScale());
But this means I have to continuously track the parent's scaling changes.
Please consider my idea, I think it would make setInheritScale much more powerful.
Many thanks,
Bill