Page 1 of 1
My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 am
by syedhs
Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm
by Wolfmanfx
Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 am
by syedhs
Hehe I was kinda curious about his first para in the article, and it was quite a shock too to read that this great studio has such horrid workspace etc, but I thought hey anything can happen.

And dangg that guy wrote such a long article which I thought was pretty emotional haha.
Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 pm
by reptor
Due to privacy concerns I decided to delete the content I wrote here earlier. Sorry.
Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:07 am
by OgrePixels
oh my

, that reminds me of past experience. i remember working for a really fat hairy guy twice my age, two and a half times my weight, but half my skill level. he's a pascal/delphi faggot. he kinda loves ridiculing and challenging C++ guys like us toting how powerful delphi is, but we never responded to it less we lose our jobs for humiliating / disillusioning him on the spot. the softwares we sell just keep crashing (even during tech demos), and most of the time he'll blame it on microsoft office (actually it's he's poor coding skills that cause the rampant memory leaks). so i decided to debug his 80k+ line code, and boy was i accused of power grabbing and all sorts of crime. all i wanted to do was overhaul the design (it was a pascal program ported to delphi, just like that, still procedural and not using objects so that explains the 80k+ lines) to avoid shipping humiliating products. i eventually quit working for that pig. whew...

Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 pm
by johnhpus
delphi faggot
That's a pretty tasteless way to speak on a public forum. I'm disappointed that your comment has survived for three months without a mod intervening.
Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 am
by 0xC0DEFACE
johnhpus wrote:delphi faggot
That's a pretty tasteless way to speak on a public forum. I'm disappointed that your comment has survived for three months without a mod intervening.
Agreed.
Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:24 am
by jacmoe
I am a Delphi (well, Object Pascal, actually - the predecessor of C# - the Delphi chief architect was hired by Microsoft to lead the C# project) faggot, and I think that what OgrePixel wrote is something which can be said in a dimly lit corner of a pub, not on a public forum, where it only serves as an indicator of lack of intellect/experience.
I would have fired him on the spot. 'nuff said.

Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 pm
by haltendehand
Is the blog post still online somewhere?
Re: My life at Rockst*r Games
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:16 pm
by jacmoe
The author probably decided to get rid of it.
Probably for a good reason?
