Page 1 of 1

Resources and books to learn Java

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:31 pm
by buckED
Hey everyone,

as the title suggests I am looking for a place to start learning the Java programming language.

I have searched the web a little already and there is of course tons of stuff out there.

Still I would like to hear some of your recommendations.

I usually prefer something printed to hold in my hands while reading. So if you know a book that I should look at, please leave a reply with its name.

I am just as grateful for weblinks that will get me started on the topic.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ed.

Re: Resources and books to learn Java

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm
by so0os
There's a java4k compo going on at javagaming.org!
making a 4k game is not hard from definition, best place to start, and great supportive community with Notch (the Minecraft guy) at the head.
I'm starting with java in this too (if i find soem time to spare)

Re: Resources and books to learn Java

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 pm
by buckED
Thank you for the suggestion so0os.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the book front? Anything that helped you learn java,
or maybe just something that you heard of?

Please let me know :)