Page 1 of 1
I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, but...
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:35 pm
by Gillian_Seed
... my topic has been deleted (twice actually!).
The game hasn't been coded using Ogre: am I not allowed to tell about the game in the "Lounge/Off-topic" forum?????
(and, yes, I did read the forum rules, and I don't find where my topic broke the rules!)
So, guys, I coded a puzzle game (with an online leaderboard!) but you won't know it exists...

Re: I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, bu
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:47 pm
by betajaen
I moved your first one into the moderator's forum. Originally, I put a flag on your post, but no moderator replied. Once you bumped up your post. I moved it to the moderators forum, so we can decide upon it. Once you posted it again, I moved that one too. It isn't deleted. We are just deciding what to do with it.
My reasons for doing this are; You having posted on the forums in many years, and the game isn't Ogre based.
Re: I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, bu
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:56 pm
by Gillian_Seed
Ok. Thanks for your reply
Actually, do not post here for many years does not mean I'm not interested in Ogre nor I don't come here regularly to watch what people do with Ogre

(I wish I could use Ogre in my daily job...)
...and if we can talk about non-Ogre commercial games here, in the "Lounge/Off-topic" forum, I hope we can also talk about a free little puzzle game coded by a gamer for gamers
Anyway, I'll wait for the moderator decision. No prob'
PS: if you have 5mn of spare time, try the game: I think it's cool and challenging!

Re: I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, bu
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 pm
by CABAListic
The point is that you are technically advertising your game, and our rule is to not allow advertising if it isn't Ogre related.
Even if it is free, it would create a precedent.
You can probably put a simple link in your signature, though.
Re: I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, bu
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 pm
by CABAListic
The point is that you are technically advertising your game, and our rule is to not allow advertising if it isn't Ogre related.
Even if it is free, it would create a precedent.
You can probably put a simple link in your signature, though.
Re: I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, bu
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:20 pm
by Gillian_Seed
Ah ok ! I understand !
Feel free to remove the topic(s) then.
...but I can't help thinking it's kinda... exagerated

Re: I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, bu
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:40 pm
by betajaen
Gillian_Seed wrote:...but I can't help thinking it's kinda... exagerated

No not really, and considering your first post in almost 3 years is to advertise your game. It's rather rude - IMO.
Re: I coded a game,and I would like you to know about it, bu
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:50 pm
by Gillian_Seed
Ok. No prob'. I didn't mean to be "rude". Sorry.
...and those who read this topic and who are still interested in playing my puzzle game could click on the little "world" icon which is not too far from this message

Thanks!