Page 1 of 2
Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:05 pm
by jacmoe

- twentyK.jpg (9.9 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm
by zarlox
You crazy person, you!!!
Congrats

This shows your perseverance and dedication to the OGRE project. As well as your patience and wisdom on the forum.
Also shows that you spend too much time on your PC and probably don't sleep enough

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:41 pm
by spacegaier
zarlox wrote:Also shows that you spend too much time on your PC and probably don't sleep enough

You mean like every other person ehere

.
@
Jacmoe: Thanks for all the work around the community and your loyalty!
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:51 pm
by zarlox
spacegaier wrote:You mean like every other person ehere

.
Busted!
But really, OGRE has such a core of great dedicated people. You guys are really awesome. I do not think i have seen another free open source project with such an active community.
/bow
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 pm
by SomeFusion
Yay Jacmoe! Well deserved!

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:59 pm
by betajaen
I call shenanigans!
How do we know all of those are legitimate posts? He could be intentionally spamming secret forums to bump up his posts

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:10 pm
by Mind Calamity
Haha, that's so awesome, now I wanna see you make 25k, and beat sinbad
Great job sticking with OGRE for all those years.

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:28 am
by Klaim
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:02 pm
by jacmoe
Thanks guys!

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:49 pm
by reptor
Can we get a comment about this from your wife?

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:09 am
by madmarx
Wow, that is a LOT! Congrats!
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:30 am
by jacmoe
reptor wrote:Can we get a comment about this from your wife?

Wut wife?!
She's fine with it.
We have - unfortunately - no kids.
I've been trying to cut back on my forum activity, but so far with little luck.
But these days I'm not as active as I could've been as my programming rig really have gotten too old for any graphics programming...
Hope to be able to acquire a new one very soon so that I can do some Ogre programming again.
I hope that at least some of my 20K posts was helpful. Brute force FTW?
But, honestly:
The Ogre3D Community is just too addictive.

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 pm
by reptor
Okay
How much is it in time and money? Let's try to estimate.
If you spend an average of 5 minutes per post, a post count of 20,000 means that you've spent 100,000 minutes, or about 1,667 hours of your life into your posts at this forum. If one hour of your time costs 20 euros, it's about 33,333 euros. I'm at under 2,000 euros.
You could buy 66 computer main units with the price of 500 euros per unit with 33,333 euros. Please present the case to your wife before tomorrow morning. With so many posts, you have earned the right to buy 66 computer main units

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 pm
by spacegaier
reptor wrote:You could buy 66 computer main units with the price of 500 euros per unit with 33,333 euros. Please present the case to your wife before tomorrow morning. With so many posts, you have earned the right to buy 66 computer main units

The only problem: He forgot to charge, so he did earn the right, but not the money

.
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 pm
by jacmoe
That's true

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:23 am
by Kojack
Well, we could start a kickstarter project to buy 66 computers for jacmoe.

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:42 am
by spacegaier
He has one running, although only for one Mac.
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:23 am
by Yati
O wowee! I think a good 50 of those are answering my blockhead question >_<. Thanks for the help!
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:21 pm
by Jabberwocky
Hey look! I'm only "0" posts away from jacmoe.

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:47 pm
by jacmoe
Jabberwocky wrote:Hey look! I'm only "0" posts away from jacmoe.

Too bad you didn't post that binary joke on binary day - but thanks flies out to you too.

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:31 pm
by jacmoe
Kojack wrote:Well, we could start a kickstarter project to buy 66 computers for jacmoe.

I have a campaign going, actually.

Hopefully for a Mac, but most likely a PC - as the cheapest iMac in DK is at $1,600 which is outrageously expensive..
I already have two donors - thank you so much! - so let's see how it goes.
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 pm
by runfrodorun
betajaen wrote:I call shenanigans!
How do we know all of those are legitimate posts? He could be intentionally spamming secret forums to bump up his posts

Reminds me of some things people once told me

lol but Congratulations man! Good work and thanks for all your help!
jacmoe wrote:Kojack wrote:Well, we could start a kickstarter project to buy 66 computers for jacmoe.

I have a campaign going, actually.

Hopefully for a Mac, but most likely a PC - as the cheapest iMac in DK is at $1,600 which is outrageously expensive..
I already have two donors - thank you so much! - so let's see how it goes.
It's all about the PC Man!
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 am
by Zonder
so whos gonna post the 200 then

Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 am
by kulik
jacmoe wrote:
I have a campaign going, actually.

Hopefully for a Mac, but most likely a PC - as the cheapest iMac in DK is at $1,600 which is outrageously expensive..
I already have two donors - thank you so much! - so let's see how it goes.
Good luck with the campaign! I have a MacBook Pro and even though I like the hardware and MacOSX I strongly disagree with their patent trolling so I probably won't buy more of their products unless they shine too hard
I am definitely more productive on GNU/Linux when it comes to any development but MacOSX with XCode is still far better in my eyes than all the MSVC behemonts. I would suggest a quad core with Linux as the more economical and arguably more productive choice. I basically bought the MacBook out of curiosity and I don't regret it but I wouldn't like MacOSX on my big workstation as much as Linux.
Re: Muhaha!!
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:22 pm
by Kojack
Damn, wish I knew this was an option before I bought a laptop to do stuff at work.
I'm thinking of upgrading my home pc to something like a dual 6 core xeon and maybe three 30" monitors. Anybody want to give me some cash?
