nvidiactl: Permission denied results in silent errors
Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:36 pm
Hi,
For some reason, my Ogre application was failing with:
Once I found it, wasn't a big deal, I just fixed the permissions/ownership.
However, until I found this (several weeks), Ogre was working fine, except for some very odd errors, with anything involving manualobjects or hardware buffers. There was nothing in the Ogre log; this error was in stdout or stderr.
It would be nice if Ogre somehow would check for this (whatever it is) and issue a warning in the logs.
For some reason, my Ogre application was failing with:
Code: Select all
NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (Permission denied).However, until I found this (several weeks), Ogre was working fine, except for some very odd errors, with anything involving manualobjects or hardware buffers. There was nothing in the Ogre log; this error was in stdout or stderr.
It would be nice if Ogre somehow would check for this (whatever it is) and issue a warning in the logs.