How to find out if a frame started
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:11 am
Hello,
I'm working on a 2D Renderer that uses Ogre, which I plan to release to the community, however there is just one last thing I couldn't figure out.
As I understand it, the RenderSystem performs render operations to render targets. In order to setup the render system for rendering, the _beginFrame and _endFrame APIs are called. My question is, is there a way to tell if the render system is currently rendering a frame? (At a particular point in time, how to tell if _beginFrame has been called?)
The reason to know this is to make the library easier for users. The Renderer class I'm making can be used at any time, however it can be called during frame rendering, or before/after frame rendering, and theres is a slight change in render system configuration for these cases.
I'm working on a 2D Renderer that uses Ogre, which I plan to release to the community, however there is just one last thing I couldn't figure out.
As I understand it, the RenderSystem performs render operations to render targets. In order to setup the render system for rendering, the _beginFrame and _endFrame APIs are called. My question is, is there a way to tell if the render system is currently rendering a frame? (At a particular point in time, how to tell if _beginFrame has been called?)
The reason to know this is to make the library easier for users. The Renderer class I'm making can be used at any time, however it can be called during frame rendering, or before/after frame rendering, and theres is a slight change in render system configuration for these cases.