Page 1 of 1

Generator1 - Scripted compositing and editing demo

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:10 am
by lordsme
Hi veryone,

I completed a little personal project and I'd like to show you the result.
This scene features scripted compositing and editing, made using post-processing effects.
More than 15 compositors are enabled and animated using a scripting language (SSAO, FXAA, Vignetting, ColorCorrection, Gamma, Depth of Field, Gaussian Blur, etc).
I hope you'll enjoy this video.
Thanks to the OGRE community for code snippets and ideas.

Check out the video here:
http://vimeo.com/36043142


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Generator1 - Scripted compositing and editing demo

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 pm
by madmarx
put a lightmap (for crate and spots shadows)! So sad, it was almost perfect :D

Re: Generator1 - Scripted compositing and editing demo

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:12 pm
by lordsme
Well I don't want to use lightmaps, just had no time to integrate some real-time shadows in our tool.
Do you suggest any flexible nice shadow technique for a standard (not deferred) rendering pipeline? :)
Have a look here too:
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68708

:)

Re: Generator1 - Scripted compositing and editing demo

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:17 pm
by duststorm
Very nice.
The light bloom that the spots throw, is that done by some shader, or are they billboards?

Re: Generator1 - Scripted compositing and editing demo

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:12 pm
by lordsme
duststorm wrote:The light bloom that the spots throw, is that done by some shader, or are they billboards?
Some additive billboards attached to the light stands, CPU lens flares, and the bloom and glow compositors that enhaces everything :)

Re: Generator1 - Scripted compositing and editing demo

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm
by Jabberwocky
Looks great!
I really like the texturing on that generator.
More than 15 compositors! :shock:
Well, it certainly makes everything look slick.

Re: Generator1 - Scripted compositing and editing demo

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 am
by dudeabot
nice!

last one I tried was this one and liked: http://ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39809, not sure how well it integrates with terrain though!

edit:

here is the updated soft shadows code: http://ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47927