Page 1 of 1
[SOLVED]Forums - PM Messages - Question
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm
by iblues1976
Hi,
(MOD: Can this post go in General or Off/Topic?)
I see that I have an INBOX,OUTBOX and Sent Messages. In sent messages I have 1 message. in my outbox I have 4 messages. With emails, my outbox represents what has not been sent yet. Am I missing something?
thanks
Re: Forums - PM Messages - Question
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:19 pm
by spacegaier
Outbox = written by you, but not yet send to receiver. This will only happen once the receiver logs in again.
Sent Messages = once the receiver logged in and hence gets your PM in his Inbox.
Re: Forums - PM Messages - Question
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:24 pm
by iblues1976
Thank you!
Re: Forums - PM Messages - Question
Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:13 pm
by ppClarity
spacegaier wrote:Outbox = written by you, but not yet send to receiver. This will only happen once the receiver logs in again.
Sent Messages = once the receiver logged in and hence gets your PM in his Inbox.
I'm pretty sure the recipient has to read the message before it gets moved from Outbox to Sent.
Re: [SOLVED]Forums - PM Messages - Question
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:03 am
by spacegaier
Okay, just had a look at phpBB3 and you are indeed correct. Send Messages = read by receiver.