Well i have just returned home from the Australian Game Developers Conference that was held in Melbourne. ( Thats in Australia, same as me ) where we entered our student game/prototype into the Best Indie Game competition....... and WON.
Using a combination of OGRE, ODE, RAKNET and FMOD we managed to make a fun little racing game in a simmiliar theme to Mario Kart with cute chars riding on scooters. This was made in only a staggering 12 weeks ( still tired ) by a team of 4 coders and 6 artists all currently students doing a Degree in Games.
We certainly raised some eyebrows with what we achieved and hopefully managed to enlighten some more people, especially other games companies about the benefits and wonders of OGRE. Anyhow its been a busy 4 days so I'm off to get some much needed sleep.
Here are some good pics I'd like to share with you guys
Here is a pic of us , one of our lecturers, and a member of the runner up team ambushing poor old BILL ROPER ( yes the man himself!!!! ) at the awards dinner. ( I'm the dag lower left. sry ladies I'm taken

Two of our artists smooooothly entertaining the booth babes as they played our game. They voted for us as well

And again

After SUBTLY Mentioning to the Quensland government booth that we were also from Queensland we managed to get them to promote our game for us all day!! ( Thats one of my daggy lecturers in the shot. LOL )

One of the artists on the team is a mate of a distibutor for 3DSMAX down under so we got it on there as well. WOOOT.

THIS ONE SAYS IT ALL. YAY YAY YAY

Apart from getting industry recognition which is simply GOLD on our resumes we also scored a RETAIL copy of MAX 7 so we cant be happier.
For pics of our actuall game i'll simply refer you to our announcement of the ALPHA stage here
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6539
I'll post some updated screenies of the game when i finally awaken from this coma I am gleefully about to fall into.
Thanks to everyone here for all your contributions.
The Primed Games Team.











