very basic questions about terrain
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 pm
I went through the basic tutorial 3 and the API documentation .. and I tried to modify the code according to my needs but without the desired result because I have a lot of doubts regarding the terrain component
. from the code above I've got the following doubts:
third parameter is terrain size in vertex, but I see it match the dimension of the hightmap is it right?
fourth parameter is world size, but which units is this in?
. from the piece of code above...
third parameter is meant to be How to scale the input values provided.... does that mean the scale of my models? how this number is calculated?
what are minBatchSize and maxBatchSize used for?
For each texture layer we'got something like this:
what does the number mean and what is its relation with whe worldsize parameter in the terrain group?
In the tutorial there is the funcion:
is it necessary to flip the heighmap around the axes?
. I'm doing a driving game so I don´t want my terrain to be squared , so do I need to add terrain pages along z axis... is there a good example about paging that you know?
Some of the questions might make no sense, but I'm pretty new in this subject and I'm really stuck trying to understand. THanks for your help
Code: Select all
mTerrainGroup = OGRE_NEW Ogre::TerrainGroup(pSceneMgr, Ogre::Terrain::ALIGN_X_Z, 513, 12000.0f);
third parameter is terrain size in vertex, but I see it match the dimension of the hightmap is it right?
fourth parameter is world size, but which units is this in?
Code: Select all
Ogre::Terrain::ImportData& defaultimp = mTerrainGroup->getDefaultImportSettings();
defaultimp.terrainSize = 513;
defaultimp.worldSize = 12000.0f;
defaultimp.inputScale = 600;
defaultimp.minBatchSize = 33;
defaultimp.maxBatchSize = 65;
third parameter is meant to be How to scale the input values provided.... does that mean the scale of my models? how this number is calculated?
what are minBatchSize and maxBatchSize used for?
For each texture layer we'got something like this:
Code: Select all
defaultimp.layerList[0].worldSize = 100;
In the tutorial there is the funcion:
Code: Select all
void getTerrainImage(bool flipX, bool flipY, Ogre::Image& img)
. I'm doing a driving game so I don´t want my terrain to be squared , so do I need to add terrain pages along z axis... is there a good example about paging that you know?
Some of the questions might make no sense, but I'm pretty new in this subject and I'm really stuck trying to understand. THanks for your help