Page 1 of 1

Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:35 am
by lonewolff
I am finding that it is getting exceedingly hard to view pages on the Ogre site lately.

Has hosting gone to crap?

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 am
by Zonder
I've only had problems in the last 48 hours

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:21 am
by Kojack
It's been pretty crap for me for a few days (barely reachable).

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:04 am
by Shockeye
I've noticed intermitant problems over the last week or so, but its ok at the moment.

I wonder if someone has backed a truck over the pipe betwixt Ogre3d and Australia... :)

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 am
by Zonder
well ogre is hosted in the UK and I am in the UK and I have had problems, so I am presuming it's the hosting provider that has issues

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:43 pm
by lonewolff
Yeah, has been pretty unbearable.

I have been trying to browse around the wiki over the last week or so. But, just can't stay on it long enough to find what I need, to re-aquaint myself with Ogre.

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:50 pm
by Zonder
Ok the outage about 15mins ago I did some checks and the server is responding fine to pings and a tracert both are on the 16ms mark.

So it looks like the server itself is overloaded or the db server (if they are separate) I didn't think to keep a url to something static on the site. (Have done now though)

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:55 am
by mkultra333
Been having intermittent trouble getting onto the site for about a week or so.

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:52 am
by Brocan
Same problems from Spain

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:57 am
by spacegaier
Spoiler alert: Regardless of the current access issues, we already have some planned changes / project in that area going on in the background that might help solve that together with some other current pain points...so bear with us ;) .

Re: Ogre site unstable these days?

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:03 am
by d000hg
Same problems for a few days from the UK... one moment it works perfectly fast, the next it fails to load at all for several minutes. I don't seem to get anything inbetween where it loads slow - it's either great or entirely unreachable.