We are currently testing different exporters, and right now we use OgreMax, because so far, it is best (even if animation export is very, very slow).
We also figured out how to export a base .skeleton containing the bone assignments and extra .skeleton files that contain one animation each.
Now the problem is that those animation-.skeleton-files also contain the full bone assignments (I checked with OgreXMLConverter).
This seems rather wasteful, as the bone assignments are already in the base .skeleton file. Given, it's only some kB, but it adds up fast.
We will only use the animations in combination with the base file, so we definitely don't need the bone assignments in each file.
Also, we want all animations to remain valid, even if the bone assignment of of character changes (I know, the result might look different, but it should still work).
So, is there any way to remove the bone assignments from the .skeleton files that include one animation each?
I don't care if we have to use some converter after export, or if this is possible from within Ogremax or another tool. I'd just like to know if this is possible and how
One possible way would be to convert skeleton to XML, remove everything but the animation, and convert back to skeleton. But I'm not sure if that would even work.
