Page 1 of 1

OpenGL ES 3.0

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 pm
by Katja
Hi everyone,

the specification of OpenGL ES 3.0 has been released and I wonder if anyone is planning to integrate it into ogre. As far as I know it is compatible to OpenGL ES 2.0. So it is possible to use it with the actual ogre. But there are some new features. It would be interesting if anyone is planning to integrate the texture compression ETC2/EAC and ASTC (also part of OpenGL 4.3) or can I use them out of the box?

Does anyone plan any activities or has a feeling how complex it is?

Thanks
Katja

Re: OpenGL ES 3.0

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:30 pm
by Klaim

Re: OpenGL ES 3.0

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm
by masterfalcon
Well that thread has to do with desktop GL. But I do plan on adding GL ES 3.0 features but a test platform will be needed first. So once we have that then support can be added.

Re: OpenGL ES 3.0

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:33 am
by Katja
Thanks for the quik reply.
What about the texture compression formats? I think they are a part of OpenGL 4.3 as well. Will this be done earlier?

Re: OpenGL ES 3.0

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:49 am
by masterfalcon
Possibly. No guarantees though.