Page 1 of 1

Where to get space-Skyboxes

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:30 pm
by Nocs
Hello,

i`m creating a space-strategy game (konquest clone) and i need some space skyboxes (like Ogre skybox textures). Does anyone now where i can get them ?

Thx

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:19 am
by ThiveerTM
I've found Chris Colefax's povray galaxy macros to be very nice for space skyboxes. Requires povray and a bit of scripting knowledge though.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:13 pm
by Nocs
Thanks man, this is exactly the tool i searched for, much more flexible than a normal skybox textures pack :)

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:02 pm
by semicolon
Thanks a lot too. I really need that also.

Semicolon

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:52 am
by dennis
Here's one I made earlier ...

http://members.chello.nl/dennisverbeek/surprise.zip

It a view from within an asteroid field.

You may use it how you see fit. I could make some more on demand.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:38 pm
by semicolon
Hi there,

Thanks a lot for nice Skybox. Dennis. I love it. By the way, what software do you use to create it?

Thanks,
Semicolon