Page 1 of 1

HumbleBeginnings Source Download and Tutorial

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:36 am
by jonng
hello everyone, ive been experimenting with the OGRE engine the past few days. i realized that the source code of humble beginnings and the tutorial steps in the tutorial section in the site is not the same.

i followed the tutorial steps and i get a bunch of "identifier error not found". i examined the source downloads of the same tutorial and managed to run without any problems.

after comparing the 2, i notice that the tutorial structures the code differently frm the source. this problem only happens with the frame listener class http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/Tutorials/2_ ... tener.html

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:07 pm
by haffax
Thanks for the information. The tutorial will be reworked soon (probably next week) and put into the Ogre-wiki. I'll correct this discrepancy then and convert it to the new Ogre version, too.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:37 pm
by Nordbo
Also the Lights, Action, Camera tutorial on http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/Tutorials/3_ ... ement.html could need an update. with Ogre 15.2 I haven't been able to make yaw() work with a Real directly , and according to the documentation it needs a Radian.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:43 pm
by haffax
Nordbo, yes I know. This will be done too. yaw() and all other SceneNode methods that took a Real angle value as input interpreted the Real as Degree, So till I update it you can just change node->yaw(value); to node->yaw(Degree(value));

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:52 pm
by Nordbo
hehe... had a problem with that (although I used Radian). I forgot to include OgreMath.h :oops: