Exceptions thrown in Tutorial
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Hi I've just started to look at OGRE and have tried to run one of the tutorials but am having some problems.
I've built OGRE sucessfully and have all the dependencies.
I'm using VS .NET 2003.
Im tring to run the tutorial at :
http://centaurforce.sourceforge.net/Ogr ... rial_2.htm
I've followed the tutorial exactly and it seems to run fine in debug mode but I have the following problems otherwise when running it:
1. In Release mode I get an "Assertion of (ms_Singleton) failed". This seems to have been mentioned in the thread http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... +exception but I am still unsure as to why it would only happen in Release mode.
2. The escape key does not seem to exit the application, even though the code would seem to support this.
3. When running the application from within VS .NET 2003, the configuration screen contains no items in the drop down boxes.
Has anyone had any experience with these problems in this tutorial?
Thanks
Andrew
I've built OGRE sucessfully and have all the dependencies.
I'm using VS .NET 2003.
Im tring to run the tutorial at :
http://centaurforce.sourceforge.net/Ogr ... rial_2.htm
I've followed the tutorial exactly and it seems to run fine in debug mode but I have the following problems otherwise when running it:
1. In Release mode I get an "Assertion of (ms_Singleton) failed". This seems to have been mentioned in the thread http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... +exception but I am still unsure as to why it would only happen in Release mode.
2. The escape key does not seem to exit the application, even though the code would seem to support this.
3. When running the application from within VS .NET 2003, the configuration screen contains no items in the drop down boxes.
Has anyone had any experience with these problems in this tutorial?
Thanks
Andrew