Page 1 of 1
Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 am
by caduceus
I have seen that Ogre 1.9 contains lots of fixes that I need in my application. Just want to know as when is Ogre 1.9 release scheduled/planned ?
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 am
by PhilipLB
I guess "when it's done". But you can always just clone the 1.9 branch and get all the goodies.

Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:50 am
by Pulas
Ogre 1.9 contains lots of new features. I am also expecting the official release.
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 am
by jacmoe
Yeah, that's great.
But it's still done, when it's done.
Grab the source from the repository and start using it already, or wait and undefined (but not too long) while. Choice is yours.
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:55 am
by Kojack
The 1.9 release candidate should be very soon (I think we're just waiting for all the platforms to be confirmed as ready, they are handled by different team members).
The final 1.9 release will be some time after that (the 1.9RC is for the general public to find any final bugs or issues).
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:03 am
by Transporter
If you like to test current 1.9 code you can download precompiled SDKs from this thread:
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69274
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm
by ekt
is there a page where I can read all the things coming in 1.9? is the wiki roadmap page update?
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 pm
by Zonder
Kojack wrote:The 1.9 release candidate should be very soon (I think we're just waiting for all the platforms to be confirmed as ready, they are handled by different team members).
The final 1.9 release will be some time after that (the 1.9RC is for the general public to find any final bugs or issues).
Which platforms are confirmed?
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 pm
by Kojack
Which platforms are confirmed?
VS2008, VS2010 and VS2012 are all going to be there (I've got test sdks built for them), there should be no trouble with them once the 1.9RC changeset gets tagged.
I don't know what the status of osx, linux, mingw, android, ios, native client or wp8 sdks are.
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:45 am
by TheSHEEEP
MinGW will of course be supported, but there will not be a precompiled SDK for it any more.
I'm planning on doing an automatic "installer" which builds the SDK for the user, but don't know when I will have time to do that. Until then, it's build-it-yourself.

Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 pm
by nickG
when will make support cg for d3d11,ogl3 renders?
Re: Ogre 1.9 release date
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:43 am
by masterfalcon
I can't speak for D3D11 but I'm not planning on adding Cg support for GL3+. I wanted to, but we're supporting only the core profile and the older arb languages have been dropped. In addition, Cg can't convert to any recent GLSL version making it unusable.