Page 1 of 1

A couple questions

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:53 pm
by beavis6325
I'm trying to use my own main loop with the ogre engine. I already have some of my game working, and I was hoping to simply add in the ogre engine when I make the call to render everything from my main loop. I've got most of it figure out. I haven't tried to put it into my game yet, I was wondering if I needed to, if there was a way to access a handle to the direct3d device that ogre was using if I needed it, I'm sure there is a way around it, but right now I'm trying to make sure I don't run into any problems.
On another topic, I know editing the ogre code requires me to do something, I'm not sure exactly, but I was trying to avoid it. Is it the same if I was to edit one of the plugins, like the bsp plugin?
Does ogre automatically handle device lost and reset?
I see the demo testing collision detection in the samples, what would be the best method for checking for collisions of someting like a bunch of bullets out of a gun? Would rays be the best method?

Thanks,
Chase Gray

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:03 pm
by tuan kuranes
-Plugins are also under the LGPL. Only sample code can be used-a is.
-Ogre Team just added the lost device code.
-IntersectionRay is the best method fo bullets.