Page 1 of 1
DXGuid Help - Anyone?! :-/
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:56 pm
by ogreNoob
Hey guys,
I've spent a long time looking for an answer to this, but have yet not found one. I've just installed everything and compiled it, I get the following error:
{ My platform is Visual C++ 6, I have installed STLPort }
OgrePlatform.exp : warning LNK4070: /OUT:PlatformManager_Win32.dll directive in .EXP differs from output filename "..\bin\Debug/OgrePlatform.dll"; ignoring directive
dxguid.lib(dxguid.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module
Error executing link.exe.
I have yet to find an answer by checking other solutions on the forum.
I've installed the latest directx sdk, along with the summer extras. I believe I have linked all the correct parts in the Tools --> Options menu and all in the correct order, yet it still does not work.
Please, please, help!

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:00 pm
by tuan kuranes
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:11 pm
by ogreNoob
Thanks - Yeh, I did, thats why I downloaded Summer Extras, didnt help though.
For the record, my Linkings are as follows:
My include file links are...
C:\OGRETUTORIALS\STLPORT\STLPORT
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT DIRECTX 9.0 SDK (DECEMBER 2004)\EXTRAS\D3DX VISUAL STUDIO 6
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (December 2004)\Include
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT DIRECTX 9.0 SDK (DECEMBER 2004)\INCLUDE\DSHOWIDL
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE
My Lib file links are..
C:\OGRETUTORIALS\STLPORT\LIB
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT DIRECTX 9.0 SDK (DECEMBER 2004)\EXTRAS\D3DX VISUAL STUDIO 6
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (December 2004)\Lib\x86
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\LIB
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\LIB
Thanks again, hope someone can help!
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:58 pm
by sinbad
As I understand it the last version of the Dx9 SDK you can use with VC6 is the summer version. You still have the December SDK on your path, I believe you have to use the summer SDK + summer extras.
MS are dropping support for VC6, users should be thinking very strongly of upgrading when VC 2005 is out of beta.
Summer pack quirky - try October
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:29 am
by currentloops
I too had this bad deal using VC6.
Checked paths and all too.
Found it all went away when I substituted October+Extras back in.
Still progressing nicely using October SDK.
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:37 pm
by ogreNoob
Fantastic - thank you! That fixed the directx error by downgrading to Summer.
However, it now complains:
Compiling...
Bezier.cpp
c:\ogretutorials\ogrenew\samples\bezierpatch\src\bezier.cpp(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Bezier.h': No such file or directory
Shadows.cpp
Water.cpp
c:\ogretutorials\ogrenew\samples\water\src\water.cpp(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'WaterMesh.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
There does not appear to be a matching error on the forum, I did a search, does anyone know what the above can be fixed by?
Thanks
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:42 pm
by jacmoe
If looks as if you are missing "../Include" in your project includes?

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:06 pm
by ogreNoob
Sorry, I dont quite understand..?
I have not changed any of the Ogre code... am I meant to add to it?
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:38 am
by sinbad
No, you should not need to add it. If you're getting that error you must have made some changes to either the project files, or perhaps to the folder structure, perhaps by accident.
Now you've got your environment set up you would be well advised to re-extract a clean copy of the Ogre release to make sure you don't have any unexpected changes still in there.