Conflicts between Ogre and third party libs...
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:34 pm
I am trying to compile an Ogre project in VS .NET 2003 combined with
Ruby as a script language. I get strange errors during compile. I have
managed to explain those errors and can't find a way out.
Let me give you an examle:
a typical error is this:
ogreroot.h(387): error C2059: syntax error : ')'
the line in question is this: void shutdown(void);
The reason for the above is this:
When i include Ruby.h before any ogre headers i get the above error
because ruby defines a shutdown macro in win32.h. So the compiler
considers shutdown as a macro.
If i include ruby.h after any ogre headers i get other kinds of errors
considering memory management functions.
e.g. Ogre defines calloc as a macro while ruby.h includes malloc.h
and declares calloc as function prototype and i get erros again.
Does anybody know a smart tactic or any advice to solve the above?
There must be a solution for all of this.
I wouldn't want to shutdown Ogre's memory management.
Thanks in advance.
Ruby as a script language. I get strange errors during compile. I have
managed to explain those errors and can't find a way out.
Let me give you an examle:
a typical error is this:
ogreroot.h(387): error C2059: syntax error : ')'
the line in question is this: void shutdown(void);
The reason for the above is this:
When i include Ruby.h before any ogre headers i get the above error
because ruby defines a shutdown macro in win32.h. So the compiler
considers shutdown as a macro.
If i include ruby.h after any ogre headers i get other kinds of errors
considering memory management functions.
e.g. Ogre defines calloc as a macro while ruby.h includes malloc.h
and declares calloc as function prototype and i get erros again.
Does anybody know a smart tactic or any advice to solve the above?
There must be a solution for all of this.
I wouldn't want to shutdown Ogre's memory management.
Thanks in advance.