Page 1 of 1

DotSceneManager not displaying geometry.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:03 pm
by muppet
Hi,

I have checked the latest release of Ogre along with all its add-ons out of CVS just four days ago, so everything is up to date. After building everything under linux, I find that when I run the DotScene demo included with the DotScene add-on, the skybox is only viewable, with the geometry no where to be found. I have doubly checked that all the corresponding packs
and .cfg files are correct.

I have searched the various threads about DotScene, but all previous problems like this were down to errors with the manager and have since been fixed. Does anyone know why the geometry is not being displayed??


Thanks.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:17 pm
by galdrusa
In Demo_DotScene.h, check the chooseSceneManager function and try to use ST_GENERIC instead of ST_DOT_SCENE if you don't have done it.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:35 pm
by DWORD
Also check this thread. I know you updated recently, but just to be sure. The fix for that problem is in CVS.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:03 am
by muppet
galdrusa: All is well on this front i'm afraid

DWORD: Nope, this wasn't the problem either. I checked out the latest release from cvs again (just to make sure), but still the same thing occurs.

:?

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:08 pm
by galdrusa
galdrusa: All is well on this front i'm afraid
Then, try with ST_DOT_SCENE, as the dotsceneoctree tutorial shows:

Code: Select all

   void chooseSceneManager(void)
   {
       mDotSceneMgr = static_cast <DotSceneManager *> mRoot->getSceneManager(ST_DOT_SCENE);
       mSceneMgr = mDotSceneMgr;
   }

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:32 pm
by muppet
galdrusa wrote:
galdrusa: All is well on this front i'm afraid
Then, try with ST_DOT_SCENE, as the dotsceneoctree tutorial shows:

Code: Select all

   void chooseSceneManager(void)
   {
       mDotSceneMgr = static_cast <DotSceneManager *> mRoot->getSceneManager(ST_DOT_SCENE);
       mSceneMgr = mDotSceneMgr;
   }

Well I have tried this, but I would expect the demo to comply with the tutorial anyway.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
by IFASS