more than 100% bone weight on a vertex?
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:03 am
I don't suppose you can have more than 100% bone weight on a vertex?
for example:
The thing is, I can weight a vertex like this in XSI by having the vertex be part of multiple point clusters. While XSI will not let you weight a point for more than 1 in any given cluster, it doesn't care about the weights across clusters. So I could have 2 clusters with vertex 0 in them with weights of .2 and .8 in one cluster and a weights of .3 and .7 in the other.
Do you think that in this case you might just scale the weights (e.g. .1, .4, .15, .35)?
for example:
Code: Select all
<boneassignments>
<vertexboneassignment vertexindex="0" boneindex="1" weight=".2" />
<vertexboneassignment vertexindex="0" boneindex="2" weight=".8" />
<vertexboneassignment vertexindex="0" boneindex="3" weight=".3" />
<vertexboneassignment vertexindex="0" boneindex="4" weight=".7" />
<boneassignments>
The thing is, I can weight a vertex like this in XSI by having the vertex be part of multiple point clusters. While XSI will not let you weight a point for more than 1 in any given cluster, it doesn't care about the weights across clusters. So I could have 2 clusters with vertex 0 in them with weights of .2 and .8 in one cluster and a weights of .3 and .7 in the other.
Do you think that in this case you might just scale the weights (e.g. .1, .4, .15, .35)?