OgreODE Collision Listener and Ogre::UserDefinedObject
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:05 am
I'm trying to get callbacks to my entities working on collision, so I can have item pickups and bullet explosions and stuff like that. I've set up and OgreOde::CollisionListener class, which calls back to collision, and it goes into this class fine. However, my Ogre::UserDefinedObject::getTypeName always returns "Undefined" unless I cast it to the certain class which i have extended (which is bad, as I need the type name to know which class to cast it to :S)
Anyways, is there a way around this easily?
Thanks
[ps/edit]
I might just use OgreOde::Body::getUserType (or whatever) instead of getUserObject
hm...
Thanks again
[pps/edit edit]
I'm also having trouble with collision callbacks only returning one valid geometry from the contact. Is this a know bug?
Thansk
Anyways, is there a way around this easily?
Thanks
[ps/edit]
I might just use OgreOde::Body::getUserType (or whatever) instead of getUserObject
hm...
Thanks again
[pps/edit edit]
I'm also having trouble with collision callbacks only returning one valid geometry from the contact. Is this a know bug?
Thansk