Page 1 of 1

Compiling OgreOde

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:40 pm
by stoneCold
A few days ago I changed my Development Environment to VC7 and now I try to compile the CVS of OgreOde, but I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

OgreOde::MeshInformer::getRadius' : none of the 2 overloads can convert parameter 1 from type 'Ogre::MeshPtr'
and some more of the same type, and some of these:

Code: Select all

'Ogre::ResourceManager::create' : function does not take 1 arguments
I read that the CVS might be unstable for some days, is this the reason for these errors or is there something else wrong.

Thx, stoneCold

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:19 pm
by monster
Are you trying to compile OgreOde against a CVS version of Ogre?
I use it with 0.15.2, anything higher than that and you're on your own!
;)

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:45 pm
by haffax
The necessary changes are quite trivial. Look at the porting notes for details.

ResourceManager::create() now has a second non-default parameter for the resource group, just use ResourceGroupManager::DEFAULT_RESOURCE_GROUP_NAME for it.

Substitue all occurences of Mesh and Material with MeshPtr and MaterialPtr. To access the meshes and materials dereference these pointers, for details look at the API documentation.

These should be the only problems with OgreOde.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:18 pm
by IoN_PuLse
If you search for "OgreODE", "CVS" and "HEAD" you'll find similar topics where I posted an archive of OgreODE updated to work with CVS HEAD.