Page 1 of 1

Resize terrain

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:55 pm
by spookyboo
During runtime I'm trying to load a new heightmap in the TerrainSceneManager with a different page size (the first heightmap is 513x513, the second heightmap is 256x256). I get an error trying to load the new heightmap, because the size differs. All goes well if the heightmap size remains the same. I don´t know how to solve this, because I don´t want to change any TerrainSceneManager code. I was thinking of unloading a resource first (the old heightmap), and then loading the new heigthmap manually. I don´t know whether this will work, but it feels a bit clumsy.

Is there another way to do this?

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:57 pm
by sinbad
Are you sure it's not just that your new heightmap should be 257x257?

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:44 am
by spookyboo
Hm, 2^8+1 is indeed 257. I'm afraid I used the wrong size :oops:
I'll try it again tonight.