Page 1 of 1
(SOLVED) Videoplugin addon - Incomplete Linux version?
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:07 am
by sargar
Hello,
I very am interested in making work videoplugin of pjcast in my Linux/Debian.
I have compiled without errors these steps:
1. - ptypes (linked to my ptypes, version 2.0.2)
2, - theora installed in my Debian
3. - TheoraVideo
4. - TheoraVideoGuiDemo (somebody knows that it is what does?)
But, and now what?
In 'videoplugin/readme.txt':
'Go to CEGUI_TheoraDemo bootstrap, configure, make it
Should be good to go.'
, but in the CVS version it exists
neither bootstrap, nor configure.ac, nor Makefile.am in the CEGUI_TheoraDemo or in the VideoGuiDemo directory.
Please, somebody has them? Somebody has compiled it for Linux?
Somebody has a complete example of use of that plugin, in addition to those programs?
I would like to see a video under my Ogre someday....
Another question: please, somebody knows where plugin compiled in Ogre is placed once?. Perhaps it is an idiot question, but it is that I have not found the answer (must be a very idiot question

).
Thanks in advance.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:35 am
by pjcast
First of all, I'm glad you decided to use my plugin
I am mainly a Windows person, so my linux makefiles are not that good... I have just committed the updates needed to have the plugin work with Ogre head ( version 1 - which might be out tomorrow

).
Currently, I don't believe I have any makefiles for the CEGUi demo, as I have not got CEGUI working myself on Linux yet. And TheoraVideoGuiDemo is now probably outdated with current Ogre cvs (probably some minor fixes).
One issue I had on Linux was the placement of the .so files and an FMod problem (which I think I can resolve by dynamically loading FMod.so instead of compile time link).
I am in the process of getting my plugin working easily on Linux now... And hope to have it working real soon (tonite or more likely tomorrow).
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:51 am
by sargar
Thanks to answer, pjcast

.
Your work is very interesting!. I have desire to see if I can make it work with Linux

. I have mounted CEGUI and working in Linux.
Please, if you outdated a new version, I think that you can put a small reference to those that be each directory (TheoraVideo, TheoraVideoGuiDemo, VideoGuiDemo, CEGUI_TheoraDemo), and what it hopes that does.
If you put a screen capture of your plugin working, would be perfect.

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:57 am
by pjcast
Well, I just compiled the plugin on linux, and only had to make a small change to typedef an int64 to work with gcc and msvc, and a small typo in the include dir makefile I havn't commited the changes yet because I still need to get the cegui demo working too.
But, since you asked so nicely for a screen shot:
Screeny
Video (wmv) - act fast, I don't plan on hosting the video for too long (too much drain on my bandwidth)
As far as your last statement... I'm not completely sure I understand you correctly. Are you asking for a changelog that states what has changed in each directory?
And ignore the green blockiness, it's an artifact from seeking which I will resolve shortly.
There are a couple bugs left for me to hammer out, but besides that its pretty stable.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:46 pm
by sargar
Hello pjcast,
Ok, now already I have obtained that TheoraVideoGuiDemo in my Linux works, except a small problem: it does not give sound

.
Must of being a configuration problem mine, but it seems that everything is correct. Some idea?
I will continue investigating...
Ah, and thanks for the image and for the video. GREAT!. Now, I am going to see if I find the sound....
A greeting
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:02 pm
by pjcast
Well, I use fmod for sound in the demo. If you have the demo working (and are using fmod) without sound... you are at the point I was at several months ago.
First of all though, which demo did you get going? CEGUI or the Ogre gui one?
Anyway, I am in the process of resolving sound issues with Fmod... When I init't fmod I used SOUND_OUTPUT_DSOUND (for DirectSound - which is why it probably doesn't work), now I am using a compile time check to see what setting to use - though, I still need to do a cvs commit.
Another possiblility for why fmod audio isn't working is because of an libogg/vorbis conflict (with what is statically linked into fmod) and what I am linking to. I am switching over to dynaically loading fmod (using fmoddyn.h) right now.
I will no more later today.
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:51 pm
by pjcast
Ok, I successfully compiled and ran the CEGUI Video Demo

With audio and everything!
I have a couple more changes to do... First have the plugin end up in the OGRE plugin directory so that it can be loaded nicely with the other plugins in plugins.cfg. Fix up a Linux bin directory so that the plugins.cfg (specifying .so plugins) will play nicely
And I think a couple cosmetic changes... But, this should be submitted this after nood
So you don't have to wait, you can probably get audio by just changeing the FmodSoundModule.cpp sound manger, the OUTPUT_DSOUND to OUTPUT_OSS and it should work... If not, than you will habe to dynamically load fmod... It's easy using fmoddyn.h: just get a a pointer using the create function, and call all of fmod using that pointer. (make sure to use the release function when your done).
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:22 pm
by sargar
Hi pjcast,
I ALREADY HAVE SOUND!!!!!
You these in the correct thing. Changing in FmodSoundIO.cpp
FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_DSOUND);
by
FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_OSS); // Linux OSS
and already it leaves the sound!!!!.
Now I have left a doubt: can be put your videoplugin in a texture of an object? If that can and you have some example, I you would thank for it.
Thank you very much by the answers

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:15 pm
by pjcast
Yeah, the texture is in the material created in eithe code or the script (depending on which demo you use)...
You just call whatever object's set material method and supply it the name of the material

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:28 pm
by pjcast

An update
I just commited all my changes to cvs... It will take a few hours to drift done to anonymous cvs.
Included is theora alpha4 already, and ptypes 1.8, though I hear 2.0 works also. You must either have built your own already, or go build those first.
Then run, ./bootstrap, ./configure, make, make install in TheoraVideo plugin directory.
Then run, ./bootstrap, ./configure, make, make install in CEGUI_Theora demo directory.
navigate to CEGUI_TheoraDemo/bin/Linux and run app

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:25 pm
by sargar
Hello pjcast,
Now I have new Ogre 1.0.0RC1 and cegui from CVS. All the examples of Ogre work well, including the GUI.
Your plugin of TheoraVideo compiles well

.
TheoraVideoGuiDemo no longer compiles well (possible problems with the new structure of Ogre 1.0.0, when using CEGUI?).
CEGUI_TheoraDemo compiles well, but when executing it from CEGUI_TheoraDemo/bin/Linux it gives an error:
12:54:45: Finished parsing scripts for resource group General
12:54:45: Creating viewport on target 'OGRE Render Window', rendering from camera 'PlayerCam', relative dimensions L: 0.00 T: 0.00 W: 1.00 H: 1.00 ZOrder: 0
12:54:45: Viewport for camera 'PlayerCam', actual dimensions L: 0 T: 0 W: 1280 H: 1024
12:54:45: Texture: ../datafiles/imagesets/TaharezLook.tga: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
12:54:45: Texture: _cegui_ogre_0: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,32x32x1.
12:54:45: Texture: _cegui_ogre_1: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1) with 0 generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,256x256x1.
12:54:45: Termination handler: uncaught exception!
12:54:45: *-*-* OGRE Shutdown
I have been watching, and I have not found the problem

.
Any suggestion will be welcome.
EDITED
The problem seems that it is in the boot of fmod, line 158 of FmodSoundModule.cpp
if (!inst- FSOUND_Init(44100, 32, 0))
throw;
I will follow with it.
Thanks in advance

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:08 pm
by sargar
My auto-reply:
Stupid problem: an hidden device was capturing me the output device of audio!
Now already CEGUI_TheoraDem works..... and works very well !!!!.
Thanks for plugin, pjcast. Very good work.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:19 pm
by :wumpus:
What was this example ogg again? I'm trying with one I encoded with ffmpeg2theora but it came out really wacky
- It plays way too fast (both sound and video)
- It starts with a green screen instead of the first frame
- Every few seconds the video stands still for a few seconds
I don't think it's your plugin but I'm unable to find a good ogg to test with.
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:44 pm
by sargar
Hello :wumpus:,
Read my post
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=55290.
I hope that he is what you look for.
A greeting
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:50 pm
by pjcast
I have one encoded at:
http://www.wreckedgames.com/download.php
It is a small comercial
