Yet another ogreode question/problem
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:40 pm
I wanted to speed up a vehicle (OgreOde::Vehicle).
Therefore I changed the _vehicel->getEngine()->setRevLimit(100). (is this the best way or is there a better one)
The good news was, that my vehicle was now really fast (as I wanted it) BUT a great problem occured. (I don't know the correct english word, so I'll try to explain it).
It looks as if the framerate would be very low,as if the car sometime gets stuck for a little time. But I have 150fps, so it doesn't seem to be a performance trouble. It can also be reproduced using the landscape example. The best way to see it is to set the maxHeight=0 in the landscape.conf in the media directory of ogreode.
I browsed the forum but didn't find a post where people talked about this problem. I already applyed the patch from this post http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ht=ogreode
Any idea what could be the problem, or how I can fix it?
oh, before I forget. I'm using ogreode from the cvs (2005-02-01) and the last stable release of ogre. (Hastur)
Therefore I changed the _vehicel->getEngine()->setRevLimit(100). (is this the best way or is there a better one)
The good news was, that my vehicle was now really fast (as I wanted it) BUT a great problem occured. (I don't know the correct english word, so I'll try to explain it).
It looks as if the framerate would be very low,as if the car sometime gets stuck for a little time. But I have 150fps, so it doesn't seem to be a performance trouble. It can also be reproduced using the landscape example. The best way to see it is to set the maxHeight=0 in the landscape.conf in the media directory of ogreode.
I browsed the forum but didn't find a post where people talked about this problem. I already applyed the patch from this post http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ht=ogreode
Any idea what could be the problem, or how I can fix it?
oh, before I forget. I'm using ogreode from the cvs (2005-02-01) and the last stable release of ogre. (Hastur)