Page 1 of 1

CeGUI / OGRE - Chicken / Egg?

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:03 am
by stodge
If the current GUI demo uses CeGUI, how do I install everything?

CeGUI depends on OGRE. The new GUI demo in OGRE depends on CeGUI. So which comes first?

Ok I know the answer - install OGRE without supporting CeGUI.
Then install CeGUI with OGRE support.
Re-configure OGRE to support CeGUI and re-install.

Long-winded - is there anyway round "installing" OGRE twice?

Thanks

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:16 am
by haffax
Ogre doesn't depend on CeGUI, only demo_cegui does. So just build Ogre without demo_cegui. Build Cegui, then bend demo_cegui dependencie pathes to your cegui build, compile demo_cegui, done. No need for two Ogre installations on your machine.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:48 am
by bana
Yes, I just went through this dilemma not too long ago: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7782

Go to the 3rd post for instructions.