Page 1 of 1

MacBook Pro designed to be dropped?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:04 pm
by Zonder
We just got a MacBook Pro at work and first thing after taking it out the box I noticed is Apple wants us to drop it. The whole case surface has nothing that allows you to grip you find your self gripping it with 2 hands to ensure you don't drop it!!

Are they all like this? Great idea though to make more money lol

Re: MacBook Pro designed to be dropped?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:18 pm
by PhilipLB
...and if you choose the MacBook Air, you can't even replace the broken battery or hdd. :twisted:

Re: MacBook Pro designed to be dropped?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:30 pm
by Klaim
You wanted something beautiful. You got it. :twisted:

Re: MacBook Pro designed to be dropped?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 pm
by PhilipLB
...and don't forget the gazillion adapters you need. Displayport -> VGA, displayport -> DVI, displayport -> HDMI. Or very nice: The Air doesn't have a network plug, you need an adapter for it. Try to configure your WLAN router with THAT. :shock:

</rant>

Re: MacBook Pro designed to be dropped?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:46 pm
by Zonder
I was expecting it to be light as well it's like a brick my normal laptop is lighter with a higher spec... but that actually cost more though no adapters needed though :)

Re: MacBook Pro designed to be dropped?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:49 pm
by lonewolff
Yep, I am pretty dubious about apple in general these days.

All of their products seem to be designed around built in obsolescence. Take the iP(insert type here) devices.

You go out and buy a an iPod touch and then sorry your generation 2 wont run anything anymore as Apple wont allow it to take the latest iOS.

Exactly the same thing will happen soon with the 'non-retina' devices.

Re: MacBook Pro designed to be dropped?

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:00 am
by Zonder
I never liked the shape of the iphones I want something that has rounded edges as I keep my phone in my pocket :) (so have a Galaxy SIII)