Page 1 of 1

Having unresolved external symbol errors!

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:18 pm
by legolas1681
I'm using the latest CVS code from the Hastur branch of OGRE and the latest CVS code from the Head branch of CEGUI and have made a simple test application. When I try to compile, however, I get the following unresolved external errors:

Code: Select all

CoW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall Ogre::ConfigFile::~ConfigFile(void)" (__imp_??1ConfigFile@Ogre@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall CoWInterface::setup(void)" (?setup@CoWInterface@@IAE_NXZ)
CoW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::addResourceLocation(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,bool)" (__imp_?addResourceLocation@ResourceGroupManager@Ogre@@QAEXABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@00_N@Z) referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall CoWInterface::setup(void)" (?setup@CoWInterface@@IAE_NXZ)
CoW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class Ogre::ResourceGroupManager & __cdecl Ogre::ResourceGroupManager::getSingleton(void)" (__imp_?getSingleton@ResourceGroupManager@Ogre@@SAAAV12@XZ) referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall CoWInterface::setup(void)" (?setup@CoWInterface@@IAE_NXZ)
CoW.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class Ogre::MapIterator<class std::map<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::multimap<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,struct std::less<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > >,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const ,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > > > > *,struct std::less<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > >,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const ,class std::multimap<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,struct std::less<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > >,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const ,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > > > > *> > > > __thiscall Ogre::ConfigFile::getSectionIterator(void)" (__imp_?getSectionIterator@ConfigFile@Ogre@@QAE?AV?$MapIterator@V?$map@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@PAV?$multimap@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@V12@U?$less@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@2@V?$allocator@U?$pair@$$CBV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@V12@@std@@@2@@2@U?$less@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@2@V?$allocat
or@U?$pair@$$CBV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@PAV?$multimap@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@V12@U?$less@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@2@V?$allocator@U?$pair@$$CBV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@V12@@std@@@2@@2@@std@@@2@@std@@@2@XZ) referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall CoWInterface::setup(void)" (?setup@CoWInterface@@IAE_NXZ)
./CoW.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
I'm linking with OgerMain.lib (I'm using Release mode), CEGUIBase.lib , and OgreGUIRenderer.lib. I have Multi-Threaded DLL selected under code generation as well. I've tried many different things and searched extensively, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.